There is something to be said for having many options when it comes to weapons and ammunition, but, if you’re like most people, it’s unlikely that you’ll have the financial means to buy literally every firearm in every ammo option that is available someplace. This means, of course, having to buy smart and make the most of your options.
Fortunately, though, you can sometimes “create” options without having to buy every single model of firearm. For example, Matador Arms has released an adapter for your AR-15 allowing you to use Sig-P320 ammunition in that rifle. Just so you have more options. Duncan Johnson writes,
The Mag-X allows the use of Sig-P320 pistol magazines in any AR-15 milspec lower receiver. No modifications are required to the lower or the magazine, and the Mag-X installs in seconds, enabling the use of Sig-P320 magazines. The Mag-X has a built-in magazine release and locks into place with the standard AR-15 catch. It is manufactured from aircraft-grade aluminum and has an anodized finish. The ejector and magazine catch are both steel.
The Mag-X is available for sale in both the United States and Canada. Made in Canada, the Mag-X ships to USA customers direct from Matador’s USA warehouse. MSRP is $149.99 USD, with special introductory pricing available for those who want to jump on this.
Matador Arms themselves gives us a few more details:
- Fits any standard AR-15 lower receiver.
- No modifications required to your lower or magazine.
- Installs in seconds, enabling use of Sig-P320 magazines.
- Built-in magazine release for Sig-P320 style magazines.
- Locks into place with the standard AR-15 catch.
- Lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum construction; anodized finish.
- Steel ejector and magazine catch.
- Only compatible with mil-spec AR-15 lower receivers, combined with a 9mm upper with a Glock-cut bolt.
- No last round bolt hold open.
So, if you only want to buy one type of ammunition (Sig P320, in this case) an adapter can give you some options in what you’re using that ammo. If you’re that person, then give this adapter a look.